We’re A Cat Friendly Animal Hospital in Smyrna
It is an unfortunate fact that many cats are underserved when it comes to receiving much-needed veterinary care. Bringing your cat to the vet can be an unpleasant experience, especially if you have to chase them around the house just to catch them. Cats are fickle creatures and require special care and handling. That’s why our animal hospital in Smyrna is a certified Cat Friendly Practice—we understand your cat’s unique needs, and are happy to accommodate them.
The Cat Friendly Practice Program (CFP) was established in 2012 by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) to help cats get the routine medical care they need.
What Makes Our Animal Hospital Cat Friendly
Cat Friendly practices take extra measures to make their feline visitors feel more comfortable, so that they can safely administer treatment. These measures result in a healthier patient, and a more pleasant visit for everyone involved. Cat Friendly practices must implement special measures in the following areas:
There are several steps we take to help cats feel safe and secure at our animal hospital. These include:
- Creating a physical space with your cat’s needs in mind
- Having the most feline-appropriate instruments and equipment in our hospitalization and operating areas
- Training our staff in proper handling techniques and to observe subtle behavioral and health abnormalities
- Educating staff with the latest feline medical research
- Recommending stress-reduction methods for owners to implement before and after their cat’s appointment
We want to help your cat live a long, healthy life. Being a Cat Friendly Practice allows us the opportunity to provide your loved one with the quality of care they need without traumatizing them, and making regular visits difficult (if not impossible). To learn more about the Cat Friendly Practice Program, visit the AAFP website.